Essentials for Succeeding with Azure: Expertise in Cloud Migration is a Must
Next week’s Microsoft Tech Summit is very timely because there is a momentum around cloud adoption that’s gathering pace. Organisations get it. They get the possibilities of cloud and understand that new platforms provide a blank canvass for creating new kinds of businesses.
I talk to business leaders from a wide range of sectors - such as finance,retail, healthcare – and I’m always struck by how they’ve been energised by the way the cloud enables them to fulfil particular requirements. Some want to get closer to customers and partners; others are after scale and agility; and all of them aspire to be more competitive through greater efficiency.
Regardless of whether it’s a healthcare organisation or a challenger bank, they are all being driven by a new kind of digital consumer, customers that demand a better experience, delivered when they want it, the way they want it.
The Azure advantage
At Ergo we are increasingly involved in large transformational projects, migrating customers from data centres to Azure, so they can pursue cloud-first strategies and advance their digital transformation programmes.
Our migrations deliver on four pillars of digital transformation:
- Digital Foundation – the Azure platform provides a highly available and secure environment to give a business the agility and elasticity it will need to grow and succeed.
- Digital Workplace – this is as much about breaking down internal silos and creating a collaboration culture as seamlessly connecting to customers and partners.
- Customer Experience – with a digital foundation you can begin to explore multi-channel delivery, tapping into analytics and AI to ensure every engagement is optimised.
- Innovation – the Microsoft Cloud presents an opportunity to experiment and “fail fast”, to carry out low-risk exploration of new services and quickly scale up the ones that work.
Unlike other cloud platforms, Azure had evolved out of Microsoft’s long history in business applications; it’s built to weave different enterprise services together for business advantage. Azure is the solution backbone to drive a business – we use it to help customers stay ahead of the curve and ensure they are always winning in their markets.
Migrating to the Microsoft cloud
Ergo excels in facilitating this. The one thing that hasn’t changed around IT is the benefit of experience when it comes to successful execution. You can’t just pack a van full of existing infrastructure and drop it off at Azure.
MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals) are Microsoft’s most highly awarded experts and we have three of them – more than any other partner on the island. We also have 10 Subject Matter Experts and over 110 engineers accredited in Microsoft applications that Azure allows you to integrate together in the cloud.
Our expert team means we can fulfil the two primary functions you need from a cloud partner:
- Cloud Migration - knowing how Azure works on an enterprise level is important but it’s barely 15 per cent of the overall demand you will have from your cloud partner. The other 85 per cent is the migration competencies to get you there in the first place, the ability to plan effectively and know what workloads to move, in what order and what groups.
- Managed Services - we were a leading Managed Services Provider long before the cloud existed. The fundamentals of the technology are radically different but a commitment to continual improvement and the alignment of technologies to business needs remains the same. What’s changed is our ability to provide agile methodologies, modern managed service techniques, and flexible service agreements that give our clients a competitive edge.
People choose us because of our technical credibility and operational excellence, but don’t just take my word for it. Come along and meet the team at our booth at the Tech Summit; take the opportunity to pick the brains of some of the best Azure minds in the country and check out our demos. It could be your first step on a game-changing cloud migration journey.