Winning Big with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
Are you working on a Digital Transformation programme, or planning one? Or are you looking to move to the cloud, like Azure, AWS, etc? Removing the infrastructure that is running out of hardware maintenance, or operating systems running out of support is no place to be when you are under pressure to deliver business value, dealing with the increasing legislation and security issues.
You may wonder, where can I move this CRM system? Or look to see what the cloud equivalents are, or consider the Gartner Magic Quadrant etc, for analysis.
You may do this one system at a time instead, looking at the bigger picture along with the requirements that the business have been wanting, but have never been able to deliver.
To draw the big picture and understand how your enterprise systems are integrated, can seem to mimic examining a spider’s web. Depending on your business, you will normally find Exchange Server, your email system, deeming critical for your business, this is normally followed by CRM and your finance system.
Migrating Exchange on premise, to Office 365 is a no brainer as a way to relieve some IT Resources from the daily upkeep of the Exchange server to ensure it still supports the ever-increasing use within the company. In my experience, this is always high up on the risk register, especially when it comes to Disaster Recovery.
So, what do we now do with this valuable CRM system?
This would be the next question. Essentially, Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement will give you multiple tools, on-top of your current CRM System to do use and do the following:
- New Outlook Application: This is lighter weight than the old Outlook plugin and works on Web, Mail and Mac Outlook. Creating an adaptable platform, anytime, anywhere.
- Integration is always a must within the Enterprise, which takes time and is not normally a development resource. But now, you can use 180+ pre-written connectors and the power of Microsoft Flow or Azure Logic Apps. But no connection it isn’t the end of the world.
- You can add to these connectors to include your own custom applications.
- Create customised applications without any code, which will work on Android, iPhone / iPad alongside web browser via PowerApps.
- Integration to the largest business social network LinkedIn, with your CRM system using LinkedIn Integration.
- Engage and monitor social activity using Microsoft Social Engagement and Social Insights, which gives a sentient analysis of social media feedback and activity.
- Engage with your customer, partners, or employees with the Service Enquiries search knowledge base for query answers, and interaction within a Forum. Using Dynamics 365 Portals, features are dependent on type of portal selected.
- Powerful Reporting dashboard with PowerBI.
- iPad and iPhone mobile application, for Dynamics 365 for iPhone or using Resco.
- How is the system being used? What is the health of the system? Dynamics 365 Operational Insights gives you dashboard to examine the systems usage
- Bring together transactional data from your other system, and build a holistic 360 view of your customers. Create KPI and Predictions based on this data to give you a clear view of your customer, delivered by Dynamics 365 Customer Insights.
- Not to forget Marketing Insights. Relevant information can be found at; https://www.ergogroup.ie/blog/4-ways-dynamics-365-can-improve-your-marketing-strategy
- Relationship Insights – brings together customer communications and organisational data, to give a clear view on your relationship details with customers.
- Relevant news and social feeds for your account and contacts using Insights – powered by InsideView
As you can see, you can’t compare classic CRM systems with the capabilities that are offered by Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. The range of features you can benefit from are plentiful, and real. Taking control of your organisation’s system in this way can lead to enhanced processes, increased customer satisfaction and cross company productivity. In a world where technology is constantly shifting, don’t be the one who didn’t stay ahead of the curve. Partner with an expert, take advice, and watch your business grow.