You as the Business Development Manager will identify and qualify suitable target accounts, build intelligence around their current status and develop plans to target and on-board these new accounts into the Managed Print business.
The Business Development Manager role involves:
- The identification and profiling of target accounts
- Making the initial approach to contacts within these accounts
- Develop relationships with key decision makers to identify potential new opportunities
- This role will have responsibility for the sales lifecycle across the customer journey stages - from generating awareness through to the account being an advocate of Ergo.
- This role will be essential to driving growth and will carry a sales target.
- Identify and target new suitable Managed Print accounts
- Establish strong business relationships with key decision makers and influencers in your prospect accounts
- Achieve and exceed assigned targets
- Manage commercial and technical aspects required to close complex deals, liaising closely with the Pre Sales and service team
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Attend and present at prospect meetings to aid business development
- Provide accurate forecast information regarding pipeline and projected profit
- Exceed the highest standards of professionalism and customer service at all times
- Research the MPS market on a regular basis, keep abreast of industry best practice, trends, market intelligence and competitor offerings
- Comply with all internal administrative processes and liaise with the relevant operational functions as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years previous relevant experience in a similar role Previous experience in Managed Print Services a distinct advantage
- Proven track record in sales/ target achievement
- Business, Marketing or IT Degree highly desirable.
- Previous formal sales training advantageous
- Previous Service Provider experience advantageous
- The business of Managed Print and Professional Services
- Prospect and Customer industry trends, challenges
- Hunger to succeed and become recognised within Ergo and in the industry as a high achiever.
- Opportunity driven work requirements with some flexibility on overtime as needed to meet client deadlines
- Flexibility in terms of business travel (around Dublin, countrywide, if required)