This high-profile Consulting organisation are looking for an experienced Mobile Developer to join their internal application development team.
They have an existing mobile timesheet application (built using Apache Cordova (supporting iOS and Android devices) using its own custom security wrapper. This is no longer compliant based on new requirements.
The role will be part of the internal Application Development team. The primary responsibility of this role will be to bring the current Timesheet mobile application in line with new security requirements.
There are a number of options to explore:
- Short-term: Updating the existing solution with integration to AzureAD as per global guidance
- Long-term: Re-engineering it as a hybrid HTML5 app using React and integrating with Dpass.
The work will also include redesigning and migrating the current corporate APIs in order to future-proof them. This person should be comfortable diving straight into projects, reading specs and analysing code, planning their implementation via TFS while keeping team leads abreast of their progress.
- Report to team lead on plan and progress, including regular code check-ins and commenting of code to enable reviews
- Full analysis of current Timesheet mobile solution currently published to corporate mobile app store
- Scope effort to implement recommended update to current code (AzureAD integration)
- Planning, Implementing and developing new version of the solution using React Native library
- Tracking progress via TFS
- Writing supporting documentation.
- De-coupling and future proofing of Timesheet APIs to enable better integration
- A minimum of 3 years mobile application development
- Creating custom mobile solutions using Cordova tools (PhoneGap) through Visual Studio
- Experience working with Xcode (8+) and publishing builds to MAC
- Development experience using React, including working with NodeJS
- Working knowledge of authentication methods using AzureAD and Dpass
- Authoring and maintaining corporate APIs via IIS server
- Authoring complex SQL queries and working with SQL Server 2012+
- Understanding of corporate network architectures including DMZs
- Managing User Stories, tasks and code through TFS/Git repositories
- Knowledge of SQL Service Broker an advantage