Our client is a leading and progressive company based in Galway who are currently looking for a DBA to join them on a contract basis for 9 to12 Months. The expectation is that once the initial migration evaluation, testing and documentation is completed, remote-only support will be required for remote locations. The remote locations will be self-sufficient in performing the installations and migrations themselves with remote input from the Galway site only.
- Very familiar with MySQL / Maria DB, ideally from earlier versions (V4. n) through to more up-to-date versions (V5.7)
- Good database tuning and optimisation experience
- Ideally have working previous database migrations (possibly across multiple versions)
- Familiar with HA (High Availability) Proxy load balancing
- Very familiar with Linux operating systems (CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.)
- Should have worked in a Virtual Server environment (VMWare and/or Hyper-V)
- Should have worked in a high-transaction throughput environment, preferably using clustering technology
- Should also be experienced in Database replication between different database versions and servers
- You will need to be able to be based in the Galway site, but may be required to adjust working hours to accommodate conference calls with non-GMT time zones from time to time.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
The Ideal candidate will also have experience in administering multiple remote sites, across different time zones. Additionally, the role will work closely with the existing development staff in migrating a Shop Floor Management System to MariaDB V5.7, which is almost completed for the Galway facility, but will also need to be completed for other locations worldwide.
Education & Experience:
Third Level Diploma or Degree or relevant Certifications