We are looking for an IT Project Manager for a well-established Telecommunications organisation based in Dublin South. This organisation are currently undergoing a high-profile transformation programme, and this role sits within a small change delivery team specific to this transformation programme. You will have proven capabilities of end to end delivery of projects within a fast paced, dynamic environment. This role requires you to have an ability to project manage key elements of a major transformation programme, which have inter-dependencies across the organisation.
You will need to define, manage and deliver projects on time, to budget and specification, whilst ensuring proactive communication and accurate reporting of project status to stakeholders.
You will also need to be able to manage virtual project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. This is a fantastic opportunity as you will use your expertise to manage the business change within a large Business Transformation Program.
- End to end responsibility for delivery of the projects(s) assigned to you.
- Prepare and maintain issues and risk log.
- Proactive communication to business owners & stakeholders.
- Monitor and control costs.
- Monitor and control team performance against project plans.
- Work with cross functional business teams to ensure the project has all key resources assigned.
- Evaluate and make recommendations/decisions based on customer / business impacts and technical options as appropriate.
- Work with the internal and external project stakeholders to document project goals, objectives and secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Coordinate the required integration, test lab, production environment, testing and deployment of internal and external projects.
- Lead, monitor and maintain progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key programme stages and work packages / within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Initiating corrective action where necessary to keep the three projects aligned, on time and within budget.
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders deliver their requirements co-dependent projects as agreed plan.
- Manage and deliver the project on time, to budget and specification, whilst ensuring proactive communication and accurate reporting of project status to stakeholders.
- Experience of project management in the telecoms industry.
- Must be capable of end to end delivery of projects within a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- A Telecommunications background, knowledge of IT infrastructure within a Telco environment would be preferable.
- Proficient in IT Project Management - preferably Agile delivery
- Management of stakeholder expectations.
- Hands on ability to manage and mitigate risk.
- Management of major changes in business processes to achieve optimisation of benefits.
- Demonstrable use of an industry recognised project management methodology.
- Experience of third party/vendor management.
- Decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable Initiative and Leadership skills