Our Client has a requirement for a Service Desk Analyst to join the Helpdesk team, which will be based on the client site. The ICT ticketing software is ManageEngine. The resource will be required to use this in the delivery of ICT services. Service Desk Analyst (SDAs) will create and/or deal with support tickets. These may be initiated by phone, email, or webform. SDAs will follow established processes to resolution or escalation to tier 2/tier 3. The Helpdesk team is managed by an IT Manager.
Support of the client Business units.
- The Help Desk area is responsible for the provision of key support to enable the client to operate successfully with minimal delay in answering staff queries and dealing with ICT issues.
- Much of the work involved depends upon the individual’s ability to draw upon their own experience coupled with an innovative and creative approach to technical problem solving. This is a highly pressurised support area with the highest of quality expectations from the user community within the client site
Typical duties in this area include but are not limited to:
- Respond to telephone and email queries
- Provide remote assistance to users
- Create and manage user AD accounts
- Create and manage support to bespoke and other Applications (PIMS, Visitor, Lotus Notes, PHMS, PTS, NICE, ISMS, PCTS, Clockwise, Cisco Call Manager, Printer Management, etc.)
- Reset passwords (Note: self-service password resets are available to the users in some instances)
- Upgrade/downgrade user’s application access
- Image PC/setup
- Smart device set-up/support
- Backup/Restore files
- Provide remote assistance to Onsite engineers
- New user account setup
- Account removal/transfer
- Controlling and monitoring web access
- 1st tier issues resolution
- Resolution of previously documented tier 2 issues
- Complete or assign 2nd level requests to relevant parties where request cannot be resolved by Help Desk group. Note on occasion requests relate to specific business issues. In these cases the ICT Help Desk will assign such a request to the relevant business system expert group.
Experience in the following technologies required:
- Windows O/S from Windows 2008 (Servers) and Windows 7 (Desktop)
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group Policies, Users, Groups, OU’s
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016
- Microsoft Office Applications and Suites
- PC Support
- Smart devices
- Remote Access queries
- ITIL experience desirable
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- It will be an 8 hours / day to include shift work 7 days per week on a rota basis.
- Core hours that will be cover by a shift rotation will be 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Saturday and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Sunday/Bank Holidays.