We are looking for a number of Java Developers (from Junior - Senior level) for this well established Payments organisation based in Dublin City Centre. You will build the technology that handles billions in payments each year. You’ll work on products that thousands of businesses depend on to accept payments online. You may even be pushing code on software that will change how people pay, and are paid. In short, you will play a key role in the success of the company.
- You’ll contribute to all phases of the SDLC, from design, to implementation, unit testing, integration and release
- You will contribute to both front and back-end development
- You’ll need to share your voice and clearly communicate technical designs, estimates, prioritisation and other development issues
- You’ll document your detailed component designs, based on business requirements
- You’ll work as part of a self-organising scrum team
- You will work in a fast-moving agile set-up
- Application stack of: Java, Spring Boot, Docker, Apache Tomcat, JUnit, etc.
- Strong Java design and development experience within a web services architecture
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with secure development
- Knowledge of messaging protocols
- Experience with API design including RESTful principles
- Experience with some of the following: Openstack, Jenkins Pipelines,Cucumber, Sonar, Chef, Consul, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, BDDWhat
Education & Experience
- Experience in a similar software development role
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- Previous experience in an Agile / Scrum team, taking a team approach to design, development and testing
- Strong application process flow and problem solving techniques
- Knowledge and extensive use of common tools used by the engineering group: version control (e.g GIT), change management, automated builds, continuous integration, automated testing modelling etc.
- Outstanding analytical skills, self-motivated, high performing and goal oriente
- Ability to innovate by challenging the status quo and come up with imaginative ways of doing things more effectively
- High levels of software engineering literacy and communication skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to think about the impact of actions on the customer