This role will involve participation in the full project life cycle. You will be involved in the analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of software projects. This role may also include the responsibility for managing a small team of developers either on a project or on a particular customer site, to deliver high quality software within an agreed timeframe that meets defined requirements.
- Primary responsibility for the design, development and deployment of software projects.
- Development of web and desktop applications based on .NET or SharePoint technology
- Developing applications from detailed design specifications
- Develop automated unit tests and responsibility for testing own code before Systems Test and QA Test Phases begin.
- Mentoring of Graduate, Junior and mid-level developers
- Responsible for code reviews and ensuring coding standards are followed
- Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives as required
- Estimating defined Projects and CR Development and Delivery Times from defined Specifications
- Preparing Project Plans in conjunction with Project Manager
- Preparing Functional/technical Specs
- Delegation of Development Tasks
- Bug Fixing
- Interacting with customers
- Monitoring and Assisting Delivery of Development Tasks
- Working with the Test Manager in managing the System Test cycle
- Managing the Deployment of new Releases
- Conducting Performance Reviews where applicable
- 5 years overall development experience with at least 1 year as a Senior Developer
- Successfully managed technical delivery of a project
- Practical experience of the design and development of multi-layer applications
- Experience working with interface components
- At least 3 years’ experience of using SharePoint Designer
- Experience of implementing SharePoint InfoPath solutions a distinct advantage
- Experience of MOSS 2007/WSS implementations including; configuration, deployment and development of custom Web Parts.
- At least 3 years .NET ideally mostly of C# 2.0, ASP.NET 2.0, XML
- Design patterns
- Web services, Remoting, MSMQ
- Technical Architecture
- The latest Microsoft Technologies Development Best Practices
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel (around Dublin, countrywide and internationally if required)
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines
If this exciting and interesting opportunity interests you please apply today!!!