The business analyst will be a key member of the Technology and Innovation Product Team and will work with Software Development, Product and Marketing teams in order to grow and develop our media customers portfolio of leading news and media platforms and group titles. We are looking for a professional with experience in either web or apps product development. The successful applicant will serve as the liaison between internal sales/marketing/product departments and our development and design teams. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented and highly innovative. He or she will be responsible for translating business needs to software solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
The primary output of the business analyst will be to write and maintain requirements documents which will be signed off by internal stakeholders and used by third party developers to build and maintain commercial websites/apps
- Gather information from internal management and commercial stakeholders about future needs and growth
- Compile data and feedback to build a compelling business case for the product
- Write requirements documents for new products and new product features
- Ensure functional requirements can provide a basis for testing documentation
- Document product changes that occur as a result of customer feedback or business as usual updates
- Act as a point of contact for the development and test teams on any product feature queries
- Work with product owners to produce metrics to measure the success or otherwise of new features
- Perform regular checks against these metrics and run regular reports
- Keep abreast of technical changes in web and app development to proactively improve our products
- Experience explaining product features and clarifying requirements to outsourced developers
- Experience obtaining requirements from non-technical stakeholders
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Degree in relevant area – Software, Media, Business.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar field.
- Technical & Non technical
- Ability to write technical requirements
- Working knowledge of the online news media
- Fluent in Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc
- Results Oriented
- Proactive/self starter
- Analytical Thinker