We are looking for an Infrastructure Architect for one of our clients based in Dublin.
The role is to oversee and manage the decommission of a large number of servers, to upgrade all the windows 2003 servers, to carry out an Active directory migration.
The technical work will be carried out by numerous teams in the organisation. The purpose of this role is to develop the technical plan and manage it with all the stakeholders, and the teams that are actually doing the work. You will work alongside a programme manager.
Examples of some of the tasks that will be required here are included for reference but are not exhaustive:
- Creation and maintenance of a knowledge base containing a current view of the Client’s IT end to end Infrastructure environment, detailing all its connectivity, hardware specification, owners, contact names etc.
- Creation and maintenance of log of all the changes to the client’s IT infrastructure environment.
- Creation, Maintenance and communication of the end to end process detailing how the demand and delivery of Client’s infrastructure requirements.
- Overall leadership and management of establishing connectivity between applications, including leading the implementation of firewall rules with security.
- Providing connectivity design diagrams and associated documentation on which all Comms Matrices and associated Firewall and connectivity requests should be based.
- Submission of firewall rules, routing and coordination of any associated troubleshooting
- Collaborate with Client’s hardware supplier, to specify and procure any new hardware
- Provide infrastructure parameter settings to be implemented by Infrastructure provider to enable the application to operate in an optimised manner
- Review of all required environments to cover development, test and production activities ensuring that the correct systems are available to support the different project phases
- Review Infrastructure designs to ensure designs are robust, scalable and have addressed capacity and performance objectives.
- Providing input into the setup of the development/test/and production environments
- Create principles and approach to managing development/test and production environments
- Providing a completed Infrastructure build document (as required in SIRT) and including all connectivity details and documentation, including Firewall details.
- Overall leadership and management for delivering IP Connectivity designs and solutions and End2End infrastructure designs and solutions to the Client. This will require managing of third party vendors and also providing and managing the demand and delivery of these solutions in line with the Client’s overall Demand and Delivery plan.
- Telecoms network design
- Technical writing/documentation
- Project management
- Internet Architecture
- File transfer
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Visio
- Knowledge of GSM networks
- An understanding of 3G networks.
- An understanding of 2G/3G service network infrastructure.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Telecom Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a telecoms company