Business Analyst – Financial Services Industry
We are looking for a BA with experience in the Mortgage banking industry business.
Who you are
We are always looking for motivated, talented and driven professionals who want to progress their career and be part of our exciting journey.
We are recruiting Business Analysts with previous working experience within the Mortgage business or similar Product role. The Business Analysts will be expected to work with the Business Sponsors, IT and Programme teams to facilitate and drive the analysis of our Regulatory, Mandatory and Strategic changes within the Mortgage Business.
The analyst will be expected to have experience of working with cross functional Business, IT Enablement, Compliance & Legal teams to interpret requirements and have the ability to actively review and challenge input.
Analysts will be expected to be self- starters with ability to challenge current business thinking and interpret proposed regulatory guidelines to support the successful implementation of our regulatory and strategic requirements.
The analyst should have experience of working in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic team.
Your next challenge
- Lead and or participate stakeholder / end user workshops with stakeholders, to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures using methodical and consistent techniques.
- Work with the business & IT teams to establish business requirements and produce quality business requirements documents in standardised format.
- Conduct required meetings and workshops, provide presentation material and stakeholder updates to the required forums.
- Proactively consult with business owners and IT teams take account of their recommendations.
- Engage with users and test teams to deliver a fully functional working solution
- Interpret data output and/or data models to ensure that deliverables are consistent with business requirements.
- Anticipate problems/issues and conflicts as they arise and escalate to the relevant programme leads.
What you’ll need
- Preferable – a recognisable level of qualification in Business Analysis and/or relevant Mortgage experience, ie, Financial advisor QFA qualified
- 2 years + Business Process Analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in influencing and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Detail oriented with good organisational skills
- Project Management experience an advantage
- Proven experience in interpretation and analysis of data to inform solution design
- Knowledge of Agile style development an advantage
What else should you demonstrate?
- As part of the selection process, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the competencies reflected below;
- Planning and priority setting - getting things done effectively and efficiently Appropriate use of skills and resources Focus on prioritisation and delivery
- Problem solving and decision making - making timely, quality decisions The ability to analyse situations appropriately The processing and organisation of information in a structured way Quality decision making
- Results focus - achieving results resiliently A clear demonstration of drive, flexibility, willingness to continuously improve performance, and deliver stretching goals Individuals and teams to meet and exceed goals while maintaining the highest professional standards Resilience in the face of setbacks
- Teamwork and collaboration - working together to deliver results Collective responsibility for actions and results The benefits of working with others and the value of diversity within the team The strength of teams to produce business benefits
- Business Analysis Definition - To analyse, define and test business requirements to support the implementation of strategic business solutions.