Our Client is the world's largest private medical device companies. The medical device industry is exciting and fast-paced, with much innovation, new technologies and active product development and research. This is an exciting opportunity for an Operational DBA to join our client’s team based in Limerick.
Within this team structure, there 2 teams looking after SQL Server. There is an engineering team which does the SQL Server development part and an Operational team which keeps the system running. This role sits within the operational team.
- Install SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016
- Set up database clustering using MS Always On Availability Groups
- Develop and document database architectures within the confines of the application requirements and established standards
- Assist in planning and installing upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance
- Monitor and report using software and native processes
- Document and communicate database schemas, using accepted notations
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability
- Review database objects for data integrity, security, recoverability, scalability, maintenance and capacity, and recommend changes to management as necessary
- System administration, keeping SQL Server running with the right amount of RAM, managing transactional publications, managing RAM disks.
Education & Experience:
- Ability to work within deadlines and think creatively.
- 5-6 years relevant experience
- SQL high availability
- Must be comfortable in an operations role, as opposed to a Database engineering type DBA role
- Operations experience would be key. Understanding BI implementations in SQL would be desirable.
- Exceptional communications skills and fluency in English.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Strong experience with SQL server transactional publications and subscriptions
- Strong SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016 install knowledge
- Must display ability to work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.