The Marketing Team Lead will provide leadership and co-ordination of the marketing function at an operational level. He/She will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Customer Experience and the SBU leads to devise a marketing plan and programme of activities which align to strategic company and SBU goals and to then oversee the effective execution of that plan.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Customer Experience in the formulation of the marketing plan and programme of activities.
- Ensure the effective execution and report on the success of the plan. Amend in line with company strategy and goals as necessary.
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor marketing team members and ensure the effective completion of all marketing functions, day to day activities and projects.
- Monitor team activities, holding weekly team meetings and one to ones as necessary. Attend SBU meetings as required and ensure team workload is monitored and correctly prioritised.
- Conduct annual and half yearly performance reviews with each team member, reviewing performance, setting clear and measurable objectives and identifying training requirements as appropriate.
- Effectively project manage marketing campaigns in their entirety - from planning through to tracking and reporting on return on investment. Ensure all projects stay on brief, on time, on brand strategy and on budget.
- Act as a point of escalation for queries from the marketing team and other colleagues. Escalate critical items promptly to the Head of Marketing and Customer Experience.
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders e.g. SBU leads, practice leads, colleagues, customers and partners to ensure all marketing projects and activities are completed to specifications and within agreed deadlines.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of digital marketing activities in line with the overall digital marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement effective demand generation activities from conception to implementation.
- Carry out research on market trends, market opportunity, and competitor and customer analysis to inform future value propositions.
- Manage the production of marketing communications and promotional materials in line with brand guidelines including
writing, editing and proofreading copy, briefing and directing designers, copywriters and printers.
- Develop suitable campaign briefing documents for partners such as designers and copywriters.
- Promote adherence to brand guidelines; police, format and print branded documents prepared by non-marketing colleagues. Ensure all activity remains on brand strategy.
- Inform and oversee the implementation of the public relations and advertising strategy.
- Organise and attend educational seminars and exhibitions and customer hospitality events as required.
- Contribute to the strategic process/thinking, suggesting new service offerings improvements etc.
- Continually work on new ideas and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing team.
- Work to build a team environment with strong morale, positive energy, and an open communication culture.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging marketing techniques and new channels.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all Ergo products and services.
- Perform any other tasks or related duties as assigned by the Head of Marketing and Customer Experience.
- Minimum 5 years previous relevant marketing experience required from a fast paced, dynamic, innovative environment.
- Previous people management and budgetary experience desirable.
- Previous exposure to/experience of IT a distinct advantage.
- Project management ability essential.
- Relevant third level qualification required e.g. Marketing Degree/Diploma/Certificate or Business Degree/Diploma/Certificate with particular emphasis on Marketing.
- IT industry and main players.
- Marketing concepts and techniques, in particular those relevant to a B2B professional services environment.
- Digital and social marketing techniques.
- Must be fully proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-mail applications.
- Adobe Creative Suite Package including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- HTML (desirable but not essential).
Other Information/ Circumstances:
- Strong, proven leadership skills essential.
- Excellent commercial acumen essential.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills essential.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to liaise with and present concepts to management and external agencies.
- Flexibility with regards to work assignments and business-related travel is essential.
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines.