You will work with Ergo’s Java practice development team on both product development and customer solutions. You will be developing cloud-based responsive Angular web applications backed with RESTful backend services developed by our backend development team. You will be exposed to best practices in automated build and deployment practices and technologies such as Docker and the Azure cloud platform. You will have a high degree of autonomy and the opportunity to strongly influence the direction and implementation of our frontend platform.
The Ergo Java practice works across many industry verticals with a current focus on healthcare. Our team developed the epilepsy patient portal which this year won the 2017 Tech Excellence Public Sector IT Project of the year as part of the HSE Lighthouse Project.
- Aware of responsive design and how to adapt to multiple layout sizes (grid layouts, CSS breakpoints)
- Given a website design, know how to build the page layout and position elements within and apply styling, colours, insert images where they should go, etc.
- Knowledge of good software engineering techniques: design patterns, testing, and principles of cohesion, decoupling, componentisation & reusability
- Communication with backend RESTful APIs using JSON request / response objects via AJAX
- Previous experience with a development framework (any language): E.g. Spring, Django, Rails
- Frontend debugging & profiling via browser tools
- Good problem solving ability: when facing an unknown be methodical and strive to find a solution using available necessary resources
- Previous experience in AngularJS / Angular 2.x/4.x or similar frontend framework
- Experience with core technology extensions: HTML5, CSS Preprocessors
- Knowledge of regular expressions & validation
- Knowledge of source control management, in particular Git
- Good at documenting work, drafting specs etc. when needed
- Previous experience with building applications and package management using Node.js / npm, grunt, gulp, angular-cli etc.
- If no design is available be able to come up with an aesthetically pleasing layout, colour scheme, opacity, shadows etc.
- Some experience with a CSS framework / design standard such as Bootstrap, Material Design
- Prototyping designs
“Nice To Have” Skills:
- Well rounded full stack developer with broad range of skill sets: SQL, Java, Linux, Networking, VMs, Docker
- Knowledge of build cycles, continuous integration (automated build / test / deploy), release management
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodology
- Comfortable to ask for help when needed
- Not afraid to contribute ideas or discuss solutions
- Not overbearing and open to other’s opinions
- Awareness of threading & non-blocking / asynchronous communication
- Algorithm complexity (O(n) time etc.)
- Aware of Page rendering considerations, FPS, and DOM operation & framework variable watching footprints
- Works well both in a team and individual environments