This position is a dual role aimed at an experienced IT professional with consultancy level skills in Unified Communications technologies, primarily Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business. The other aspect of the role focusses on IT solution design and consultancy across a range of technologies and services with significant focus on Microsoft technologies.
The primary duty of this role is to provide unified comms consultancy and delivery from solution design and architecture through to full deployment of unified communications solutions.
A key part of the solutions process is the ownership of the proposal/tender documentation, as well as any other supporting documentation (such as project plans, solution diagrams, etc.), so that all customer facing information is codified and formalised.
- Designing and deploying Unified communications solutions on client sites based in Dublin, surrounding areas and nationwide.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of Unified communications related software and hardware
- Assuming full ownership and responsibility of escalated Unified communications support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded
- Ensure strict adherence to SLA when dealing with customer tickets/calls
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services and solutions
- Manage assigned Unified communications projects – assuming full ownership, project resource management, task scheduling, project documentation and ensuring that projects are brought to full and satisfactory completion within agreed timelines and to budget
- Coach and mentor less experienced Unified communications engineers and avail of every opportunity to impart knowledge to others
- Document relevant technical information on the internal SharePoint portal including site schematics, system problems, problem resolution and knowledge base content
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing and user access and security
- Provide technical training to customers - systems administration and end user
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase and use
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- 7 years minimum experience as a Unified communications / Technical Consultant from a similar role
- Design and deployment of corporate and enterprise level Unified Communication solutions
- Solution design and documentation essential
- Exposure to PM type environment desirable.
- Some previous client facing experience essential
- Good presentation skills
- Appropriate and documented level of competence in technical skills
- Previous client facing experience essential
- Relevant industry accreditation's required such as: MCP, MCTS, MCSA/MCSE and Unified communications
- Server Accreditations.
- Third level qualification in IT or Business Systems
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel (Dublin, countrywide and where necessary international)
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills