This is a technical role supporting our sales team by providing technical expertise and documentation to customers and prospects. The Software Technical Sales Specialist has responsibility for designing and documenting appropriate technical solutions for clients, providing technical consultancy and involves significant technical interaction with clients.
This position needs to be a strong advocate for best in class technology methodologies & procedures, driving Ergo’s culture of technical excellence within the team.
The Software Sales Specialist works with our Account Managers on opportunities until the handover to technical delivery or operations has taken place and the project is ready to be delivered.
The predominant function of the Software Sales Specialist is to be involved as early as possible in the sales cycle so that any opportunity is technically qualified from the start, any technical (and commercial) changes and additions are managed throughout the sales cycle and the handover to technical delivery or operations, leaves no gaps or errors when the solution is ultimately delivered.
It is also the function of the Software Sales Specialist to understand the customer business/technical requirements and match these requirements to a solution that the technical team can deliver. It is incumbent upon the Software Sales Specialist to understand what and what cannot, be delivered by the technical team. The technical team can make recommendations on solutions but ultimately, as the Software Sales Specialist is involved in the sales cycle from the start and will have a better understanding of the requirements, the Software Sales Specialist will be responsible for proposing the optimum solution for the prospective client.
A key part of this process is the ownership of the proposal/tender documentation, as well as any other supporting documentation (such as project plans, solution diagrams, etc.), so that all customer facing information is formalised.
- Work with the enterprise architect team & Inside Sales Manager in evolving technical propositions
- Attend meetings with sales staff and technical meetings with the customer where your input/contribution is required
- Design and present innovative solutions to customers
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies including .NET, SharePoint and BI becoming a subject matter expert of same.
- Ensure the technical propositions proposed are in line with what best suits the customers needs and with what Ergo can best deliver
- Support the response to tenders within agreed timelines
- Devise technical presentations for the team where required
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure divisional projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is delivered to the customer always
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated tasks ensuring they are handled in accordance with agreed timelines and satisfactorily concluded
- Escalate issues to the relevant stakeholder in a timely manner.
- Investigate, identify and report on new solutions that will benefit the Ergo offering and take appropriate steps to up-skill accordingly.
- Work closely with relevant personnel within the SBU and provide advice, support and consultancy on related technical deals/projects where required
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Pre-sales Technical Consultant or a similar role
- Preferably 4 years plus of direct Microsoft business application selling experience
- Some experience with technical design documentation essential
- Exposure to Project Management type environment desirable.
- Previous client facing experience essential
- Excellent presentation skills
- Appropriate level of competence in documented technical skills
- Third level qualification in IT or Business Systems
- Some relevant technical qualification/certification is essential.
- Relevant Industry certification
- Microsoft certification a bonus
- Solution/Consultative Selling
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Technologies and how they inter-relate
- Business Intelligence
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel (around Dublin and countrywide)
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
If this amazing opportunity interests you please apply today!!!