We are looking for a Demand Programme Manager for this well eastablished Telco Organization based in Dublin South. You will drive successful planning and mobilisation of a portfolio of projects through proactive management of business stakeholders, vendors, IT stakeholders, finance and SCM.
You will own the Business Engagement, Demand Planning and Resource Planning processes, ensuring all planning processes and governance structures are documented and clearly communicated to IT and Business Stakeholders.
IT Demand Planning:
- Manage the IT Demand Plan including, Projects, Small Change, Configuration Changes and BAU initiatives
- Drive the end-to-end Business Engagement and Demand management process.
- Work with the Business Architects & Head of Architecture to plan the initial Idea / Project assessment & sizing, and Lead the Idea, Release & Resource planning process in the Envisioning / pre-Concept phase
- Focus effort on Content knowledge feeding into Demand Plan; Formulate inputs on Capex / Opex related aspects to be utilised by Head of Demand, CIO & Technology Governance
- Ad hoc communications / analysis & investigations related to Demand planning
- Engage key internal and 3rd party suppliers to size and shape demand early in the lifecycle to meet business expectations within budget, resource and time-to-market constraints
IT Demand Governance:
- Ensure appropriate governance is followed for all Demand and Capex prioritisation asks – ensure content is prepared for Capex Board, a cross-functional group of senior-level representatives from each business unit empowered by the SLT to prioritise IT & Technology Change for the delivery of products, propositions and technologies, and to control the spend of IT and Technology capex for a client.
Demand Management Alignment:
- Support the Head of Demand in Cross-Technology Demand Management Alignment, including ongoing activities to support the partnership with Technology Governance & Planning team, to assist in the creation and maintenance of an Integrated Technology Plan
- Assist the Head of Demand in supporting, providing expertise & guidance to, and working closely with other Demand Planning & Analysis functions within Technology, specifically in the Mobile and Enterprise & Fixed Networks units – to help ensure a cohesive Technology demand management approach for a client.
- Assist the Head of Demand in managing the interlock with other Technology and third party Demand Management functions (locally & Group-level), and with other major programmes.
- Work proactively with stakeholders to ensure we leverage the contracts to drive efficiency and value.
- Provide suppliers with early visibility to enable them to mobilise their delivery resources
- Educate new vendors on our demand and delivery processes so they understand the ask
- Manage engagement of key internal and 3rd party suppliers to size, shape and plan IT change early in the lifecycle within budget, resource and time-to-market constraints
Education & Experience:
- IT Project and Programme Management disciplines very applicable
- Proven ability to drive progress while dealing with multiple internal and external stakeholders – up to 20 ideas at any one time
- Thorough and practical understanding of project lifecycle and delivery of cross functional projects
- Excellent budget planning and project planning skills
- Knowledge of industry best practice planning activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong vendor management experience and IT Contract Management and Negotiation very applicable.
- Experience of evaluating vendor proposals with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Experience of managing cross functional and virtual teams
- Have a strong focus on delivery with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experienced facilitator
- Creative and innovative approach to issue resolution and conflict management
- Excellent follow through with a strong sense of urgency plus ability to influence