Overview of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Development Manager with a background in .Net software Development and architecture, to join an expanding Financial Services organisation on a permanent basis. You will lead a team of software developers, including the co-ordination of development and support activities, both internal and external
Showcasing your passion for technology and innovation, you will maintain awareness of current technologies and architectures.You will use your expertise and extensive knowledge to make improvement suggestions, meet technical requirements, and plan implementation activities. Ensuring adherence to best practice development standards and guidelines is a given.
- Software Architecture: Custodian of the enterprise architecture - Architect software solutions by studying existing technology architecture; analysing browser compatibility techniques; evaluating solution alternatives; developing prototypes; and writing detailed technical requirements
- Ensures enterprise architecture is fit for purpose to enable the achievement of IT objectives
- Work with the Change Team to determine software requirements, using technical knowledge to drive out effective business solutions
- Team Management: Hire, train and manage the Software Development team members
- Manage aspects of the software development lifecycle as appropriate from requirements gathering through design, development, testing, delivery and enhancement.
- Review and approve software deliverables, ensuring the quality of all applications
- Maintenance and upgrading of existing applications
- Service Delivery and Vendor Management: Responsible for the successful delivery of software services to the business
- Software Development and Maintenance: Design and development of: new software applications and enhancements of existing applications and solutions
- Policies, Procedures and Quality Assurance: Maintain technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Relevant third level degree qualification.
- At least 6 years’ experience developing applications, with at least 4 years dedicated to .NET solution development
- Technical skills to include:
o Strong C# and SQL Skills
o SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
o MVC, ASP.NET and JQuery
o Agile/Scrum experience
- At least 3 years’ experience leading development teams with direct developer management experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in analysing business requirements, recommending technical solutions, and writing technical specifications and/or requirements
- The ability to analyse business needs and conceive, design, and develop innovative solutions
- The ability to write detailed and thorough technical requirements
- The ability to design, develop and tune SQL server databases
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities
- An extremely detail-oriented work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills