Field Service Engineer – Connaught Region
The primary duty of this role is to provide regional support for our clients in the west of Ireland. Successful candidates will be expected to support for IT hardware including installation, configuration and maintenance of PC’s, Servers and Printers. Print maintenance experience is advantageous but not essential
- Responding to service calls on client sites based in Galway, Limerick and Connaught region area as and when required.
- Resolve technical issues relating to PC, Servers, AP’s and printers
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services and solutions.
- Conduct comprehensive preventative maintenance tasks as and when requested ensuring that full activity records are documented.
- Highlight any anomalies on our customer sites and ensure all issues are recorded via the service desk
- Actively seek out business opportunities on our customer sites and inform the relevant Ergo personnel of all potential to develop further business for the division and company as a whole.
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded
- Ensure strict adherence to SLA when dealing with customer tickets/calls
- Maintain confidentiality at all times with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Minimum of 2- 3 years relevant experience from a similar role
- Strong troubleshooting skills required.
- Printer repair experience is advantageous
- Printer driver and connectivity- local & network experience is required
- PC hardware/software experience is essential
- Excellent customer service & client interfacing skills essential
- Experience with Microsoft applications is essential
- Relevant training course/certification is highly desirable. CompTIA A+ N+ MTA server fundamentals MTA Network fundamentals
- HP LaserJet fundamental certification and relevant Safecom Training highly desirable
- Wide range of printer makes & models
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Applications
- HP product range
- Print Driver Configuration and utilities
- Citrix (Desirable)
- Active Directory
- Office 365 (Desirable)
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel (within Galway- countrywide and internationally if required)
- Flexibility and commitment to work outside of normal working hours is required.
- Training and development plans will be provided to successful candidate
- Main area of operations is Galway region
If this exciting opportunity interests, you please apply today!!!!