We are looking for a Level 2 Engineer for one of our clients based in Dublin. They require a Full Time on-site Scheduled Deskside Engineer to work within the Global Technology Infrastructure Organisation (GTI). The site is based at their offices in Dublin City and will require the engineer to be part of a small team of existing Engineers whom manage internal ticket requests from their ticket queue. You be involved in Access Administration, Asset & Media Management, Back-Ups, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery, Change Management, Desktop Support (2nd Level), Health Checks, MACD, Procurement, Production Maintenance, Technology Refresh, Training, Vendor Management, Vulnerability Management (Server and Desktop) and Audio-Visual Support. You will be used to dealing with VIP’s, Trading floor / Financial institution experience ideally.
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly, professionally and satisfactorily concluded.
- Ensure strict adherence to SLA when dealing with customer tickets/calls.
- Access Administration: Access requests for use of their Toolsets used by technology team. Physical access requests for visitors to MER
- Asset & Media Management: Provide and refresh details for central inventory. Where required by the model, provide inventory details to local vendor for maintenance contracts.
- Manage local assets (installation, decommission, reconciliation and disposal) & Media (decommission and destruction)
- Back-Ups: Back-Up monitoring
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery: Co-ordinate and support testing of location, assist Business Resiliency site lead, responsible for local technology team planning
- Change Management: Coordinate and raise local change management requirements
- Desktop Support (2nd Level) - Provide remote & desk side support for any issues that cannot be solved by “self-service” or central helpdesk. (in local language and English)
- Includes support of internal and external clients visiting the location and occasional support of external events.
- Health Checks - Comprehensive critical operational processes covering many local checks (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) of key infra-structure elements
- MACD: End User Technology moves, adds, changes, desktop, laptop, virtual stations and voice
- Procurement: Using their toolset for location procurement requirements, leveraging global contracts
- Production Maintenance: Physical tasks (i.e. Power downs). Support GSO core team on trouble shooting and planned changes/fix, work with external vendor as required
- Projects: Support core lead projects where local language skills or on-site support required
- Technology Refresh: Implement under hub direction when required
- Training: Identify local experience gaps and manage training
- Vendor Management: Manage local vendor issues
- Vulnerability Management (Server and Desktop): Oversight and Escalation of OS patches, anti-virus signature update. Installation on standalone servers and desktops
- Audio Visual Support: 2nd level support when on site activity required
- Microsoft Operating Systems/Microsoft Applications
- Anti - Virus/spyware/malware applications
- Networking – TCP/IP – Switching – Firewalling, etc
- Industry Standard Troubleshooting Procedures
- Audio Visual
- Server & Desktop
- Cisco equipment – firewalls, switches, routers
- Microsoft RDS
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 – 4 years relevant experience from a similar role
- Previous client facing experience essential i.e. used to dealing with VIP’s, Trading floor / Financial institution experience ideally
- Appropriate level of competence in documented technical skills
- Industry standard accreditations desired:
- CompTIA Network+ Server+
- MCP - MCP – MCSA or MCSE – CCNA
- Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, HP.
- IT qualifications desirable