Reporting to the Software Practice Lead within our Professonal Services business unit – you will be responsible for supervising and leading a small team of .Net Software Developers to deliver high quality software within an agreed timeframe that meets the defined requirements.
This role will involve participation in the full project life cycle. You will be involved in the analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of software projects. You will be a strong advocate for best in class methods & procedures, driving the necessary culture of excellence within ergo.
- Primary responsibility for the design, development and deployment of software projects.
- Development of web and desktop applications based on .NET or SharePoint technology
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services and solutions.
- Developing applications from detailed design specifications
- Develop automated unit tests and responsibility for testing own code before Systems Test and QA Test Phases begin.
- Adhere to Ergo coding standards
- Daily supervision of the team including ensuring resource allocation, attendance, effective achievement of KPI’s and planning activities
- Creation of reporting around team activity, SLA and end-user contact and issues including daily monitoring of metrics
- Participate in process/ Quality improvement initiatives and change programmes
- Invite recommendations and suggestions from the team and facilitate full input/contribution to divisional decision making
- Assist with the annual performance review process for the team resources
- Responsible for other HR related/ people management tasks as required
- Act as back up for other team members when necessary (training, absenteeism, vacation.)
- Provide feedback and coaching to support training and development of all team resources and to close any skills gaps
- Working closely with your Manager to implement agreed training plans and ensure that all team accreditations are achieved within the required timeframe
- Extensive .Net software development experience with at least 1 year team lead or supervisory experience required
- Track record of successfully managing technical delivery of a project
- Practical experience of the design and development of multi-layer applications
- Excellent customer service & client interfacing skills essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Degree or Diploma preferably with a qualification in business or technology
- Design patterns
- Web services, Remoting, MSMQ
- Technical Architecture
- The latest Microsoft Technologies Development Best Practices
- DB Design & Optimisation, Stored Procedures, SSIS, SQL Server Reporting Services
- Azure platform development