We are currently seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join a leading Irish third Level Education institution. You will be a key person in driving forward the delivery of Phase two of a complex IT reconfiguration project. This phase has now started and you will use your experience and expertise to provide high-level support to ensure the full programme of works is delivered to approved scope, timeline, budget and quality.
This role is the single point of contact from the programme delivery perspective and oversees system design and implementation, coordinates the internal and external programme team members and sub-projects to deliver overall programme objectives while managing and influencing the expectations of all the programme stakeholders.
The role will ensure co-ordination between various functional units and external vendors and contractors so the overall implementation of the Curriculum Initiative is appropriately integrated and workable across the whole of the university.
The Programme Manager reports to the programme sponsors, attends steering committee meetings, producing and presenting required management reporting on programme performance.
- Manage programme planning including milestone schedule, progress tracking, resource planning and status reporting. Identification and management of risk, assumptions, issues and decisions. Provide regular independent assessments and expert analysis on the status of project.
- Deliver programme deliverables within the required scope, timeline, quality and agreed budget.
- Agree project delivery plan with the sponsors and steering committee and comment on phase preparations and considerations for project.
- Prepare and gain approval of programme documentation, including communications, resourcing, training and testing plans (as appropriate or required).
- Completion of comprehensive, detailed and accurate functional and technical specifications and ensure subsequent delivery of reconfigured software in a timely manner, to the expected quality and within budget. Using an enterprise architecture approach, the programme manager is required to identify the key requirements to ensure the solution is future proofed.
- Vendor management to ensure on-schedule delivery of quality software and technology components.
- Ensure quality testing of software and technology components.
- Plan, monitor and control financial aspects of the programme. Support sponsors in obtaining financial approval for the project (project costs, ongoing operational costs and benefits realisation).
- Advise sponsors of any deviations from schedule, recommend corrective action, and help to prepare any appropriate execution plans.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant public sector consultancy experience, including minimum 5 years’ experience providing consultancy to the third level education sector (due to complex structures).
- Significant knowledge and experience implementing complex IT projects and systems in the third level sector.
- Experience and knowledge should include IT system design and implementation across the functional areas of student administration, finance and other operations across the university/institute.
- Experience of dealing with top-level management (e.g. university executive level).
- Fully conversant with the principles and working methods of programme management.
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex qualitative and quantitative data, and to present findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including extensive facilitation experience.