We are looking for a SQL DBA for one of our clients which provides packaging solutions services worldwide. Remote working is available, with some occasional travel to UK required. It is a 6 months contract with a further 3 months extension.
You will design, install, administer, and optimize company data base servers Instances and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the data base (SQL Packages, SQL Functions, SQL Triggers as necessary.) This includes ensuring the availability of Microsoft Data Bases, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the Data Base (instances) / Server environment.
- Deploy and maintain pro-actively the introduced solution for managing data and application servers across the infrastructure estate.
- Backups, disk and database capacity management, server and database instance configurations, event and server logs analysis
- Proactive and reactive administration and maintenance of the group SQL server Infrastructure
- Application of patches, backups and verification and backup restores, high availability solutions – Failover clustering, log shipping, replication, failover availability groups. Agent job failures, events and logs, CPU, RAM and Disk IO issues
- Consolidation and migration of server and database instances across an array of environments within the estate to reduce licensing and administrative overhead and reduce business risk by maintaining supportability
- Deploy and configure new server and database instances or consolidate unto an existing standalone or highly available environment.
- Architecting, deployment and support of standalone and highly available data and application solutions across an array of critical business environments.
- Risk and performance assessment of data and application solutions, including performance analysis, design architecture, server configurations and DR strategies
- Remediation and performance optimization of data and applications servers - performance tuning, query, index, CPU, RAM, and disk subsystem IO optimisation
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (or newer) and how to work with Team Foundation Server
- Experience of Measure Performance of Software (i.e. using Redgate SQL tools, MS Visual Studio)
- Experience of Active Directory
- ITSM Helpdesk
- Microsoft Office applications
- Kanban and Scrum (i.e. use of Target Process)
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a data base administration position responsible for managing Database environments.
- Professional development skills in MS SQL (Packages, Functions, Triggers)
- Experience with MS Data Base performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Proven knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies