In this exciting new opportunity, the primary duty of this role is to provide IT support services internally to Ergo and externally to client companies. Provide system level support of multi-user operations systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems. Additionally, the Senior Support Engineer we are looking for should possess extensive specialization skills for which they can demonstrate advanced knowledge and produce relevant accreditations.
- Communication with customers, staff and all relevant parties is essential and is a primary responsibility of a Senior Support Engineer.
- Responding to support calls on client sites based in Dublin, surrounding areas and nationwide, as and when required, either remotely or on-site if required.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of IT related software and hardware.
- Provide extended on site support to varied customers, as and when required.
- Highlight any anomalies on our customer sites and inform the Ergo helpdesk to raise awareness and ensure a service ticket is opened.
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded.
- Ensure strict adherence to SLA when dealing with customer tickets/calls.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services and solutions with a view to specialisation in one or more technologies.
- Perform routine day to day system security checks and backups and produce status reports.
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is delivered to the customer at all times.
- Work with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors/partners to resolve complex network problems.
- Document relevant technical information on the existing internal SharePoint portal and the upcoming CRM package. This will include site schematics, system problems, problem resolution and knowledge base content.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing and user access and security.
- Provide technical training to customers when a new user or systems is implemented and is requested.
- Research and recommend hardware and software where required.
- Coach and mentor less experienced IT engineers and avail of every opportunity to impart knowledge to others.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed and adhering to IT best practices at all times.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Windows Server Management:
- Active Directory – advanced AD management
- AD DB issues
- Restore of AD services
- Direct Access
- Remote Desktop Services
- Certification Services
- Web services – IIS, Failover Clustering
- Mail Flow Troubleshooting.
- Mailbox restore.
Basic Level of Office365 Experience:
- Managing Accounts.
- Mailboxes and Mail Flow Troubleshooting.
Basic Level of Azure:
- Create Azure Resources.
- Configure and Troubleshoot VM connectivity.
Microsoft SQL Server:
- Basic management tasks.
- SQL server installation and configuration (including Always-On clusters).
Microsoft System Center:
- Operations manager configuration and the day to day operation.
- Data protection manager – good understanding of DPMs operation, backup/restore task troubleshooting.
- Virtual Machine manager – fabric configuration, creation of library items (profiles and templates), deployment of VMs.
Virtualization (Hyper-v, VMware):
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of hosts, host storage and networking.
- Deploying and troubleshooting virtual machines.
- Backup and restore of VMs.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance (firmware, etc)
- HPE MSA & StoreVirtual, configuration, management and troubleshooting, maintenance (fw upgrades).
- DELL equallogic basic management.
- EMC VNX management basic management.
- Storage connectivity (fibre channel, SAS configurations, iSCSI) – configuration and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of networking technologies.
- Understanding of network physical components.
- Basic management of switches (related to connectivity troubleshooting).
- Understanding of firewall technologies – NAT rules, firewall rules, zoning.
- Experience with management of a range of devices (Sophos, Sonicwall, a bit of checkpoint).
- Site-to-site VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant experience from a similar role
- Previous client facing experience essential
- Appropriate level of competence in documented technical skills