This role will assist the Software Specialist sales team by providing technical expertise and documentation to customers and prospects to ensure that the licensing advice provided is accounts fully for the customer’s current and future technical environment around ITSM managed services. This position needs to be a strong advocate for best in class methods & procedures, driving the necessary culture of technical excellence within the team.
The predominant function of pre-sales is to be involved as early as possible in the sales cycle so that we assist and influence the customer in formulating any opportunity. This also enures that the licensing solution is suitabely architected and qualified from the start.
It is also the function of pre-sales to understand the customer business/service requirements and match these requirements to a solution that the Software Specialist can deliver. It is incumbent upon pre-sales to understand what, and more importantly what cannot, be delivered by software programs
A key part of the pre-sales process is the ownership of the proposal/tender documentation, as well as any other supporting documentation (such as project plans, solution diagrams, etc.), so that all customer facing information is formalised.
- Attend pre-sales meetings with sales staff and meetings with the customer where your input/contribution is required
- Support Microsoft licensing specialists by discussing technical considerations that will impact the best licensing advice for the customer
- Design and present innovative solutions to customers
- Ensure the propositions proposed are in line with what best suits the customers needs and with what we can best deliver.
- Ensure that these proposals are to the level of detail that will ensure no ambiguity with the customer or our Service Delivery team in terms of the work to be done and the associated cost against this work.
- Support the response to technical tenders to agreed timelines
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of our products, services and solutions
- Explore every potential opportunity to develop current business and increase sales for the division.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role, solutions architect / pre-sales technical in Microsoft technologies
- Experience with technical design documentation essential
- Exposure to PM type environment highly desirable.
- Some previous client facing experience essential
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desireable third level qualification in IT or Business Systems
- Some relevant MCP technical qualification/certification is essential.
- Business Certificates desireable not essential
- Cloud technologies and market
- Microsoft technology stack
- Infrastructure technology
- Microsoft Core Infrastructure stack
- Networks & Routing
- DR and Back-up technologies and best practise
- Security - All forms
- Storage systems – Fibre channel/iSCSI SANs, NAS, etc
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines.