Our client is experiencing rapid growth in the Managed IT space and currently has a Service Desk/ Professional Service Engineer vacancy for a switched on, high energy self-starter who is results driven with exceptional customer services skills.
We require a logical thinker with a positive work attitude and ethic; someone who works hard on a team but can use their own initiative and takes ownership and delivers results. This position will be best suited to a knowledge hungry individual who is keen to work with an outstanding technical team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving client-side technical problems of moderate to high level complexity.
- Resolve solutions outside of comfort zone using online resources and team lead assistance.
- Contribute technical content and departmental procedures to the Service Desk knowledge base.
- Trouble shooting Hardware, Software, Networking, DNS, Virtualisation, Office 365. SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Understand our customer’s ICT infrastructure, business systems, information and security requirements.
- Evaluate network performance, availability & utilisation, implementing alerting, features and reporting in our RMM tool where applicable.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure customers network by ensuring patching and AV standards are in place recommending audits where appropriate. Monitoring via RMM & maintaining documentation.
- Influence user behaviour to reduce security risks providing references and support.
- Perform minor upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. Refer opportunities for project work to the internal account manager.
- Be cost aware and keep the best interest of the customer in mind always.
- Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure modern technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
- Protect the organisation by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organisational goals by accepting ownership for and accomplishing new and varied requests.
- Onsite installation of SonicWall Firewalls and hardening of devices and implementation of security Services
- Set up and configuration of HP ProLiant servers
- Hyper V Virtualisation
- Microsoft Office 365 solutions
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security deployment
- Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint implementations
- Participate in process improvement opportunities
- Deliver customer satisfaction by providing a professional service and swift and accurate resolution to all customer issues via remote sessions or onsite.
- Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Ability to "read" the customer and modify behaviour/approach
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Adaptive to change and able to manage stress
- Able to multi-task across several open cases and manage and prioritise own time
- Innate aptitude for troubleshooting and fault finding
- Ability to adhere to strict process and procedures
- Not 9 to 5
- Excellent understanding of switching, firewalls and routing
- Practical understanding of Core TCP/IP networking and networking protocols
- Good understanding of DNS
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and/ or O365/M365
- Knowledge of network security
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a diverse technology and customer service-focused role
- Relevant 3rd level qualification desirable
- Clean licence and own transport is required
- Salary depending on experience
- Private Health
- Expenses including mileage