The I.T. Security Officer will be responsible for ongoing strategy design and improvement of effective security operations through an Information Security Management System which will provide internal stakeholders with assurance over the design and operational effectiveness of the Security Controls within the Group.
This is a Subject Matter Expert role as a dedicated Information Security professional working to ensure data and information is protected by working directly with the business and technologies to ensure information security risks are identified, assessed, mitigated and controlled through the deployment of a sustainable information security risk management program.
The security officer will support the complete spectrum of business level IS programs including, but not limited to; security incident management, Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA), risk exception and corrective action management, identity and access management (IAM), training and awareness, third party IS assessment.
The security officer helps incident response teams to resolve and close the investigation of incidents with proactive consultancy.
- Support the Group business units and projects for implementation of ISMS.
- Continue the process of implementing the strategy and operating model for ISMS reporting controls to ensure the culture and standards are embedded in a sustainable manner.
- Plan the testing of key business process controls as part of the ISMS assurance initiatives.
- Perform the final review of evidence obtained to support the assessment of the operating effectiveness of ISMS controls across the Group.
- Report to management on control deficiencies for remediation
- Providing Security support in large scale organisations.
- Security controls testing and assurance.
- Knowledge of relevant applicable Industry Standards in Security Management e.g. NIST Security Framework.
- Auditing of current legal and regulatory requirements around Information Security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build productive working relationships
- Confident in dealing with all levels within an organisation
- Relevant University Degree, or equivalent industry experience and certification
- Security Qualifications such as CISSP, CISA, ISO 27002
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel (around Dublin, countrywide and potentially internationally if required)
If this challenging and exciting role interests you please contact us today!!!