This National Agency, located in the heart of Dublin City Centre, are currently looking for an Application Development Manager to join their team. This is a .Net & Microsoft Solutions environment. The ICT department in this organisation is small in size, and is responsible for the operational management and delivery of ICT services on a daily basis. Reporting to the Head of ICT, you will use your expertise to help improve the existing team, which will include managing various 3rd Party suppliers, as well as assisting in a tender process for a new system implementation project.
- Support the existing systems, including the management of any new developments in the current systems, as well as managing 3rd party suppliers who look after the current systems.
- Assist the Agency during the tender process for the procurement of a new System implementation
- Manage technical teams tasked with the development, testing, integration and implementation of the new system, and ensure industry standard best practices are followed for the full software development life cycle.
- Communicate effectively to various stakeholders from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- You will be required to communicate verbally and in writing and in presentation format with stakeholders (both internal and external) from a variety of backgrounds, including at senior management level.
- A level 8 qualification (or higher), in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience of managing diverse software/application development teams and 3rd party suppliers in the development and delivery of at least 2 complex technical projects within the last 10 years.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience in the full application development lifecycle, including, preparing detailed specifications and overseeing development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the implications of change on the organisation and all stakeholders.
- Must have, in the last 10 years, across at least 2 complex technical projects, successfully applied your knowledge of professional software/application engineering practices & industry standard best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Must have, at least 2 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Products including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Database and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in a software development and support role supporting a Grant Management System.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in a solution/technical architect role
- Must have previous experience of leading and mentoring a team whereby you carried out the following functions:
- Transferred knowledge to both new and existing team members.
- Communicated clearly and effectively to various stakeholders at different levels, including those from both technical and non-technical backgrounds and those at end-user and senior management levels. The response should include how the Resource explained issues, problems and solutions in a way that was easily and equally understood by all.
- Must have successfully delivered at least 2 projects to a high standard, as measured against agreed targets and/or milestones.