This leading, innovative Fintech organisation are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to join their technology team. You will be involved in technically challenging global service design, deployment and management across their cloud platform products, specifically focused on AWS.
You will be a senior Systems Engineer with strong experience in AWS, Automation and DevOps. In this role, you will be helping technology teams in the organisation to deploy their SaaS platform products to the cloud. Acting as a Subject Matter Expert, you will setup and configure the deployment landscape to ensure best practices are being followed.
You will be comfortable taking responsibility for a mix of large and small projects, implementing and supporting leading edge solutions in an AWS environment.
You will be directly responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving inhouse service products and creating and managing the systems and toolsets that keep infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation, management and continuous improvement.
You will be very conversant with a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (Tomcat, JBoss, MySQL Server, etc), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- Pre-production acceptance testing support to help assure the quality of our products and services
- Supporting integrations with a wide range of third party technology partners
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions
- Identifying and implementing security and performance improvements
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ALB, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, etc) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- DevOps: Solid demonstrable experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issue
- Experience with Equinix cloud-broker
- Experience with Skyhigh CASB
- IBM CIS SSO
- DB Skills: Fundamentals of DB administration experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GIT
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services