We have an exciting opportunity open for an experienced individual who will be part of a small team of six. The successful candidate will be managing and supporting all aspects of the department’s communications environments, including, fixed voice, contact centre, mobile voice and data, electronic communications, messaging, conferencing and presence. The candidate will report to the Messaging and Conferencing Service Manager.
- To ensure the ongoing stability and further development of the Lync environment, its integration with other UC services (including Microsoft Exchange and Avaya Aura Communications Manager and related systems) and the ongoing availability of a reliable and performant messaging and communications service to all users.
- Oversee security management to include anti-virus, patch and update management to help mitigate risks to service quality.
- Proactively and effectively support customers to ensure minimal downtime to include;
- Lync Client/Server configuration, support and administration including support of hardware and services;
- Lync account management and queue administration;
- Proactively maintain platform stability through effective response to System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) and other tools in order to minimise down-time and identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Oversee capacity management for servers and applications – measure and assess platform capacity in order to meet future scalability of systems to ensure minimal downtime through predictable action.
- Engage in problem and change management processes including working with the technical teams to facilitate successful testing and introduction of new products to the platform and to ensure system modifications and services changes are identified, documented and supported before action.
- Support business technical management and administration functions, including through the development of documentation, to maintain accurate and appropriate records of all services and Resources.
- Support colleagues, and peers including Technical and Customer Services, by providing documentation, coaching and knowledge sharing.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks from time to time as directed.
- Microsoft Lync 2013 client and server technologies in a hosted, resilient and high-availability environment;
- Microsoft Skype for Business client and server technologies in a hosted, resilient and high-availability environment;
- Interoperability of Microsoft Lync with Microsoft Exchange in a Unified Communications and Unified Messaging environment
- MCSE Communication and/or MCSE Productivity (Lync/Skype); or equivalent
Education & Experience:
- 7 plus years required in a similar role with standard qualificatiions and/or accredidations