This established Public Sector organisation are currently seeking the expertise of a Project Manager / Business Analyst to take part in an implementation project for a new internal SharePoint Online intranet system.
You will work with a specialist SharePoint Online vendor and key internal stakeholders, developing close partnerships with all internal business units and users, to ensure the successful migration of existing documentation / data onto the new platform. The goal is also to ensure it is understood and adopted as a key productivity tool by business users.
- Analysis – Plan and manage objective setting; carry out requirements gathering with staff; and prepare scope in agreement with key stakeholders.
- Tendering – Prepare tender documentation for the selection of a SharePoint / Online design and development vendor and coordinate and participate in the tendering process.
- Design - Plan and coordinate with internal business units and suppliers the development of information architecture, user journeys, wire frame and designs of the intranet.
- Technical Specification – In conjunction with the vendor, ensure technical requirements are specified and implemented in the overall solution.
- Development – Liaise with web design and development supplier and monitor progress, managing risk and issues as they arise.
- Testing – Plan, manage and participate in user acceptance testing - developing test plans, test cases and executing these in conjunction with the project team
- Go-Live – Plan go live and manage vendor warranty.
- Migration – Train and support business teams in migrating their data / documents and forms to the new SharePoint / Teams Online platform.
- Training / User Adoption – Support and train business users in adopting the SharePoint / Teams Online platform and any bespoke functionality or additions if required. Develop a mechanism to carry out this training, for example by carrying out workshops business teams or train the trainer.
Requirements & Experience:
- Proven ability to scope project requirements and adhere to timelines, budgets etc.
- Strong analytical skills in respect of project/strategy risks and recommending actions
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to act as point of contact for external and internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Proven expertise of project management methodologies. e.g. PRINCE2©. PMP or similar and Business Analysis methodologies
- Expertise in project management tools, e.g. MS Project and Business Analysis Tools such as MS Visio
- Expertise in the delivery and adoption of Microsoft SharePoint (2013, 2016) projects, specifically as a corporate intranet and document management / collaboration platform.
- A strong preference is for experience in delivering with MS cloud based SharePoint Online and MS Teams Online
- Over 8 years of relevant project management and business analysis experience