The Senior Network Analyst’s role is to design, build, implement, and support data and voice network systems across the enterprise. This includes planning, configuring, installing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network services including local and wide area network connections, wireless networks, IP Telephony networks, associated software, and communication links. You will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyse network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Monitor and analyse network and application performance across the organization’s LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Plan, manage, and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing demands.
- Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
- Configure and support IP Telephony services, including call manager, voicemail, and contact centre servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and wireless access points.
- Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling, voice/data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to implement and manage data and voice network products and services.
- Develop and maintain network component inventory, related documentation, and technical specifications information.
- Develop and maintain procedures and associated documentation for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Monitor and report on connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, MPLS, VOIP, xDSL, TCP/IP, 802.11x, and so on.
- Strong knowledge of network management and analysis tools, including SNMP, WireShark, MRTG, and NetFlow tools such as NetQos Reporter Analyzer.
- Experience in the management and deployment of Microsoft Lync voice across a global enterprise.
- Experience working in a multisite switched and routed environment.
- Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
- Strong working technical knowledge of Cisco network hardware, including switches, routers, wireless access points, IPT, and IPCC systems.
- Skilled at installing/configuring hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco firewalls, remote access systems, intrusion detection systems, and other network security measures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for 1 week per month.
- Cisco Catalyst (4500’s, 3850’s & 2960’s), routing & switching
- Cisco Wireless (2500 series)
- Cisco ASA
Education & Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in the field of Computer Science and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- CCNA Certification a plus