This role will be responsible for providing expertise in the definition, design, implementation, adoption and adherence to enterprise architecture strategies, processes and standards. This specific role is focused on expertise in Microsoft Azure development technologies. This role will be responsible for developing the knowledge and capability within the Software Practise and growing and maintaining Ergo’s reputation as Ireland’s leading Microsoft partner. This will be achieved through effective delivery, growing customer satisfaction and a tangible reputation on the market. We need to be seen as the ‘go to’ partner for Microsoft solutions in the Azure development space. As an Azure Solutions Architect, you will be on the forefront of Ergo’s customer's transformation to cloud-based architectures. The Azure Solution Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of efficient applications and services for cloud platforms. This is a technical customer-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud implementation and deployment experience. This role will assist the sales team by providing technical expertise and documentation to customers and prospects. This role will oversee, design and document appropriate technical solutions for clients and provide technical consultancy when required.
The role will work with the delivery team to define practical effective solutions that maximise the technologies we use and our skill sets to propose the optimum solution for a prospective client.
This role will have customer facing responsibilities and will have responsible for profitability, utilization, and client satisfaction. It will be expected to build client relationships and identify further opportunities within its client base. The role is expected to assist the management of strategic accounts
You will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Domain leadership in Microsoft Azure technologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences & educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cloud
- Design of high quality architectures that meet customer requirements and are consistent with
- enterprise architectural standards
- Demonstrated application of end-to-end architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs
- As part of the Software team evolve and drive the proposition and compelling arguments
- Develop a deeper understanding of our clients business and their needs by talking to current users, developing good working relationships and exploring every potential opportunity to develop current business and increase sales.
- Attend pre-sales meetings with sales staff and technical meetings with the customer where input/contribution is required
- Supports the development of strategy, reference frameworks, best practices and patterns.
- Technical Depth – be seen as an expert and thought leader in their area of responsibility.
- Create strong technical relationships with Microsoft – ensure we are ahead of competitors in terms of understanding ‘next wave’ in their specialist area.
- Support Sales on their Customer Engagements, produce & present proof of concepts and demonstrations as required.
- Create documentation for any proof on concept, pilot, test results and all relevant hand over documentation including technical design documents
- Respond to all technical tenders to agreed timelines
- Ensure the propositions proposed are in line with what best suits the customers needs and with what Ergo can best deliver.
- Ensure that proposals are to the level of detail that will ensure no ambiguity with the customer or our professional services team in terms of the work to be done and the associated cost against this work.
- Assist the Operations team in addressing any issues and apply sound problem resolution techniques and tools to resolve issues
- Escalate issues to the relevant stakeholder in a timely manner.
- Project estimation, costing and resourcing in the MS Cloud development space
- Assure Technical compliance of MS build activity to ensure
- compliance to Ergo development standards
- project scope is contained
- Product is built to industry best practises
- Solution optimise the MS technology stack and are future proofed
- Assist with the recruitment & selection of new technical team members where necessary
- Responsible for other HR related/ people management tasks as required.
- 10+ years in the IT industry
- Strong in Microsoft Azure. Familiar with all the available capabilities with experience building scalable applications using App Servers, Pub/Sub, and Service Bus
- Architecting Environments and Applications on Cloud Environments
- Understanding of multiple cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Proven track record of building trusted technical and business relationships with business executives and driving growth in highly strategic or key accounts
- Experience with technical design documentation essential
- Some previous client facing experience essential
- Good presentation skills
- Appropriate level of competence in documented skills (per competency framework)
- Third level qualification in IT or Business Systems
- Relevant technical qualification/certification is essential.
- Microsoft certification a bonus (70-532, 70-534)
- Azure Platform Services
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++, .Net, MVC)
- Azure App Service
- Worker Roles
- PaaS, IaaS
- Active Directory
- Visual Studio
- Familiarity with AngularJS or Angular a plus
- Open source technologies and solutions
- Solution Selling (knowing what application will meet the needs of the prospect)
- Coming trends in the Cloud space
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Flexibility in terms of business travel.
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines
If this amazing opportunity interests you please don’t hesitate to contact us @ Ergo!!!