We are looking for a Test Engineer for one of our clients based in Dublin City Centre.
Reporting to the Lead Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the testing of all products released by the clients digital group. The role will entail both manual and automated testing with a view to enhancing and continually improving clients development and test processes.
- Perform hands-on testing of media websites, apps, third-party components, DFP ad services, Web Analytics, RESTful services, and more to highlight risks to success on multiple platforms especially mobile and desktop web, iOS and Android.
- Communicate with technical, design and business stakeholders to ensure that your testing highlights the information they need.
- Create and maintain testing checklists and testing reports.
- Execute and maintain automated tests.
- Contribute to the review and enhancement of development and testing processes.
- Provide support to internal teams throughout the design and development cycle.
- Be quality focused, energetic, positive, a problem solver and a self-starter.
- Understand the current release process for each set of products; suggest and evangelise methods to improve the release process.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and changing news environment
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good planning and organising skills
- Understanding and experience of testing B2C content-based products in a digital content, web, mobile web and mobile app environment.
- Experience testing Mobile Web and Mobile Apps (iOS and Android) in a variety of network environments is critical to this role.
- High-level understanding of software stacks such as web, mobile and service backends
- Knowledge of web technologies: HTML, CSS,
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with release management in a devops/continuous delivery environment
- 2+ years testing experience – manual and automation (scripting, coding)
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience testing Content Management Systems
- Experience testing Web Analytics and DFP advertising systems desirable
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and devops
- Highly capable of writing documentation