This established Public Sector organisation are currently seeking the expertise of a Business Analyst to take part in a high-profile IT implementation project, following the adoption of a new European Directive. This is a Part Time day rate contract role working Tuesday through to Thursday, for 9 months with 3 possible 4 month contracts.
You must demonstrate proven experience and knowledge of business processes within an Accounts Payable or Invoice Processing function, i.e. knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of at least one ERP system used for Invoice Processing.
- Engage with Programme Stakeholders, to elicit requirements and develop those requirements into a set of specifications.
- Establish and apply mechanisms and forums to develop specifications such as requirements capturing tools, templates, one to one meetings, group workshops
- Become familiar with all aspects of relevant European Directives
- Participate in the evaluation phase of the project, as Subject Matter Expert
- Develop excellent documentation providing clear decision pathways
- Engage with Programme Stakeholders, to develop and document requirements, processes and plans to transition components of the Programme deliverables into an enduring operational and policy model.
- Deliver strong written, verbal and presentational communications to a variety of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Provide progress reports on work assigned based on processes and templates and at regular intervals.
- Execute work assigned as per agreed project plans, scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Maintain clear, relevant, accurate work activity reports and meeting minutes.
- Support and assist the Programme Manager and team as required to facilitate and enable the Programme to achieve its objectives.
- Proven experience in producing detailed requirements specifications and producing process flows, work flows, functional specifications and other process and solution design-related documentation.
- Proven experience working as a Business Analyst, where you gained experience and knowledge of business processes within an Accounts Payable and/or Invoice Processing function.
- Proven experience working as a Business Analyst where you gained experience and knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of at least one ERP system used for Invoice Processing, such as SAP, Oracle or Agresso or another equivalent.
- Proven experience in engaging directly with technical and non-technical groups to elicit their requirements and produce detailed written reports on analytic work
- Proven experience in quickly gaining a detailed and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of new subject matter involving systems, business processes and organisational structures.
- Proven experience of working both in a team, and independently, and successfully leading and coordinating team members’ activities.