The primary duty of this role is to provide IT services, and support internally to Ergo and externally to Ergo’s customers. The role may be based at Ergo’s head office but requires providing support on Ergo’s customer sites as and when required. Providing support on client sites may be long term or short term so flexibility to the demands of the business is essential. Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of IT related software and hardware. Document relevant technical information on the internal SharePoint portal and Help Desk application including site schematics, system problems, problem resolution and knowledge base content. Monitor Remote Managed Service Application.
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support cases ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of IT related software and hardware.
- Highlight any anomalies on our customer sites raising a service ticket and escalate using the correct escalation procedures.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services and solutions.
- Perform routine day to day system checks.
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is delivered to the customer always.
- Work with other technical staff to ensure Service Levels are achieved and maintained across our client base.
- Document relevant technical information in our One Note library & ITSM tool including site schematics, system problems, problem resolution and knowledge base content.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing and user access and security.
- May be required to provide technical training to customers - systems administration and end user.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Monitor Remote Managed Service Application.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Industry standard accreditations desired – Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and Office 365
- IT qualifications desirable (MCSA,A+ N+ MTA)
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- MCP certification would be desirable
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Applications
- Anti Virus/spyware/malware applications
- Networking – TCP/IP – Switching – Firewalling, etc
- Industry Standard Troubleshooting Procedures
- ITIL V3
Other Information / Circumstances:
- Project-driven work requirements with overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Part of the Global Service Desk 24*7 rota as per stated in your contract of employment