You will support and maintain the database platforms that handle billions in payments each year. This is the core of their business. Their culture is all about innovation; you’ll work with network engineers, system administrators, software developers and project managers on the launch of new service offerings.
- You’ll be responsible for the management and administration of the high availability Production environment.
- You to provide database support on production systems to resolve issues ensuring a great customer experience
- Their culture is all about innovation; you’ll work with network engineers, system administrators, software developers and project managers on the launch of new service offerings
- They operate to exacting standards; you’ll create and maintain operational processes and procedures and participate in database-related compliance processes
- They love to empower people; you’ll serve as a key resource on infrastructure projects, contributing to design, implementation and go-live
- Strong experience working with Database environments within 24/7/365 business critical financial systems.
- Experience with best practice implementation and on-going management of SQL Server 2016 Always On and Windows Clustering
- Strong TSQL scripting skills and ability to carry out SQL code reviews to assure accuracy and adherence to standards
- Experience in SSIS, partitioning, log shipping and backup solutions
- Strong skills in database optimisation, analysis and resolution of performance issues
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem resolution skills
- Prior experience of best practice change management and change implementation processes in high availability enterprise environments
- Solid knowledge and experience with common database monitoring software product
- Security experience with prior exposure to working in a PCI Compliant environment
- Knowledge of Virtualisation and VMware
- Demonstrate energy, effort and enthusiasm for delivery and results
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership in the timely resolution of issues and completion for project assignments.
- Bias to automate repetitive tasks and to provide end user self-service capability for database services.
- Excellent communication skills
- Seeks continuous improvement
- Previous Team Lead experience