The Application Service Manager is a key role in Ergo’s role as a strategic partner with customers where we enable our customers to derive maximum business value from their technology and supporting services investment. The Role of the Application Services Manager is to have a keen understanding of how our customers use specific applications to drive their business and work with our customers to ensure that their applications are aligned with business requirements. The Application Service Manager will work closely with our customers and Ergo support and development departments, in a collaborative manner, to build release requirements and act as the release manager for those releases, coordinating internally within Ergo and externally with the customer (and any other parties involved).
This role requires a strong combination of technical knowledge & business acumen, and requires someone who is exceptionally customer focused, with excellent communication skills and extensive experience in the software development landscape. The Application Service Manager will oversee the support delivery service of 3 distinct teams – Bespoke Application, Dynamic CRM and SharePoint.
- Manage business/client relationships with the business and ICT leaders associated with the application, build and sustain strong relationships with these client groups.
- Understand the customers’ business roadmap and work with the customer to ensure that the application roadmap is aligned with business direction and requirements
- The Service Application Manager ensures that deployed Releases and the resulting services meet customer expectations and verifies that IT operations is able to support the new service.
- Work with Application Support Team to manage and deliver on SLA and customer expectations.
- Be a point of escalation for the application support team members and the customers alike.
- Continuously look to improve both team and service through process review and career development.
- Focused on Continuous Improvement - Analyse business systems to determine effectiveness. Identify inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems and recommend solutions.
- ITIL V3 Foundation as a minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- A proven track record of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first-class customer service internally and/or externally.
- Have extensive experience in the IT service industry, with considerable experience in Application / Business management/IT service management.
- Experience working in a support/service desk environment.
- Strong People skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities.
- The role suits a highly driven self-starters, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver.
- Able to deliver succinct and fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent Analytical skills and trouble shooting skills , ability to adapt and translate technical ‘speak’ to customers capability and discuss technical concepts in terms of business impac
- Release and Change Management
- Knowledge Of:
- Dynamics CRM 2011/13 , Dynamic 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- .Net & PHP Development Exposure