We are looking for an experienced .Net Developer for an executive agency within a major public sector body. You will be part of a systems team providing essential system development/enhancement services to the business units. This support area is responsible for the provision of the key systems to enable the agency to operate successfully with minimal downtime. Whilst industry certification within the various areas may be important, practical real-world experience within the technology areas is considered of much higher value.
Much of the work involved depends upon the individual’s ability to draw upon previous experience coupled with an innovative and creative approach to technical problem solving. The majority of the agencies systems were/are developed in-house and it is these in-house systems that the .net development team support and enhance. There is also a requirement to develop new systems as required by the business.
- Liaise with business owners, Project Managers and Business Analysts to design, develop and maintain Windows and Web based Business Systems Applications using established development tools, guidelines and conventions, in particular VB.NET, C#, Dev Express Components, Oracle and Visual Studio.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Carry out full unit testing, stress testing, performance testing and system testing
- Performance Tuning of DB Tables and Stored Procedures
- Create Architecture, Design and Deployment documentation
- Maintain all source code using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Analyze and resolve 2nd Level SRs assigned by Helpdesk
- Analyze data issues and create data fix scripts where required
- 7+ years of experience in .Net software development
- .Net Framework 3.5 upwards
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 – 2015,
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 upwards
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005 upwards
- C# and DevXpress .Net components
- Design Patterns (MVVM)
- Microsoft Entity Framework 6
- Oracle DB Server
- Oracle PL/SQL
- ODP.Net/Oracle Managed Client and Citrix SDK and TOAD for Oracle 9.6 – 12.2 and Winforms Development
- Web Development/Web Services and ETL/Data Replication. (LEI, Oracle Streams, Materialized Views, custom replication methods) and Nuance Autostore Document Management Solutions and LEADTOOLS Document Management & Multimedia Libraries/SDK
- TWAIN API and Active Directory and Previous experience of working in a secure environment