The Network Analyst’s role is to implement and support data and voice network systems across the enterprise. This involves assisting with configuring, installing, maintaining and supporting all network services including local and wide area network connections, wireless networks, IP Telephony networks, associated software, and communication links.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Implement modifications and replacements of network infrastructure components.
- Familarity with IP Telephony services, including call manager, voicemail, and contact centre servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and wireless access points.
- Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling, voice/data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Maintain network component inventory, related documentation, and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and report on connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
- 2 -3 years equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of Cisco network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, MPLS, VOIP, xDSL, TCP/IP, 802.11x, and so on.
- Knowledge of network management and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Lync voice across global enterprise.
- Knowledge of multisite switched and routed environment.
- Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
- Experience installing/configuring hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco firewalls, remote access systems, intrusion detection systems, and other network security measures an advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for 1 week per month.