We are looking for an Infrastructure Project Manager for this well established food and beverage company based in Dublin West, Kildare. The successful candidate will plan and execute a data centre migration from client’s current data centres to a managed solution on a Private cloud.
The candidate will be experienced with project management methodologies, whether in-house or industry standard and should have industry-recognised qualifications. They should also be familiar with Data Centre technology solutions, have proven experience of delivering data centre transformation projects.
This role will report into the Program Manager and will specifically support delivery of Data Centre Migration project.
- Own and maintain delivery of Data Centre Migration project.
- Ensure that all project objectives/requirements/integrations are captured and agreed and take responsibility for ensuring their delivery.
- Develop project effort and cost estimates and clearly document scope and related assumptions for agreement.
- Project resource management including;
- Define project team requirements and secure the resources to meet these requirements;
- Define individual team member roles, set clear expectations and ensure timely feedback;
- Secure external contractors/consultants as required and agreed with project sponsors;
- Produce and get appropriate agreement/sign-off on mandatory Project Management deliverables;
- Develop and maintain the project schedule and plans (e.g. configuration management, risk management, communications plans, quality management etc.) applying formal Project Change processes as required.
- Regularly measure and monitor project progress and report on same to the agreed project governance structures.
- Maintain detailed and accurate status report.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations and with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Identify and manage project changes through the defined change process ensuring that all changes are documented and agreed.
- Manage project communications to all project stakeholders ensuring that senior stakeholders are informed of project status and of any of communications required from them.
- Ensure that the project aligns with, and co-ordinate execution of, other corporate processes/methods (e.g. ICT Development, Business Change methods, Quality processes, etc.).
- Monitor and report business benefits of assigned projects through PMO.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Strong understanding of Data Centre , Infrastructure technologies, deployment and integration methods.
- Critical thinking and business problem solving skills with an ability to positively challenge.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Team work, delegation and mentoring.
- Work in pressured, highly dynamic situations.
Education & Experience:
- Project management certified – industry (e.g. PMI PMP, Prince 2) or recognised in-house methodology.
- Direct experience of successful delivery as an ICT Project Manager (5+years).
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of successfully supporting Business objectives through ICT solution definition and delivery.
- Managed a number of medium to large project teams.
- Experience of repeatedly applying a structured methodology to project delivery.
- Experience of deploying/championing new/changed methodology across all project stakeholders (from business sponsor to team members).
- Experience of working with and supporting PMOs.
- Managed and aligned external vendor delivery.
- Microsoft Project/Microsoft Project Server or other project management software skills.
- Experience of remote/distributed project team management.
- Technical experience Level in at least one of the following disciplines, Windows, Linux/Unix or Storage.