This Public Sector organisation are looking for the expertise of a .Net Developer to join their Systems Development and Support team, on a day rate contract basis.
This team are responsible for the maintenance and support of Local Authority business systems. Most of the systems were developed using Microsoft .net C#/VB, with one system containing classic ASP. You will be responsible for bug and data fixes, programming changes, enhancements and additional features, and also user support to the other team members. You will also be required to undertake the upgrade of a legacy system in classic ASP, which must be upgraded to a newer version of .Net. Updating and maintaining technical documentation will also be required.
The technologies used by the organisation include, but are not limited to; Visual Studio Team Services, Visual Studio (multiple versions), Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016, SQL Server Reporting Services, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Office 365, Windows 7/10 desktop.
- Software development to support the development/enhancement and maintenance of business systems
- Upgrade systems to newer versions of the .Net framework
- Supporting the development/support teams
- Provide Knowledge transfer to development/support staff
- Updating of technical documentation
- SQL server database development (stored procedures, triggers), maintenance (backup, restore), testing and performance tuning
- At least 4 years’ experience with implementing .Net-based software including using Microsoft .Net framework (version 2.0 +), C#, VB, MVC, JQuery, SQL Server 2008/ 2012 / 2016 in the last 5 years
- Experience with classic ASP
- Development, testing, implementation with SQL Server Reporting Services (50 Marks available)
- Experience in asp.net CORE
- Experience in database development (stored procedures, triggers), maintenance and tuning.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services
- 4+ years’ experience of application Design, development, testing and implementation of .Net applications with SQL Server database back ends
- 2+ years’ development with SQL Server Reporting Services
- A degree or higher in computer science or IT-related discipline