Our Client is the world's largest private medical device companies. The medical device industry is exciting and fast-paced, with much innovation, new technologies and active product development and research. This is an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer to join our client’s team based in Limerick.
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly, professionally and satisfactorily concluded
- Ensure strict adherence to SLA when dealing with customer tickets/calls
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of IT related software and hardware.
- Highlight any anomalies on our customer sites raising a service ticket and escalate using the correct escalation procedures.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services and solutions
- Perform routine day to day system security checks and backups and produce status reports
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is delivered to the customer at all times
- Work with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Document relevant technical information on the internal SharePoint portal and Help Desk CRM application (Ulysses) including site schematics, system problems, problem resolution and knowledge base content
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing and user access and security
- May be required to provide technical training to customers - systems administration and end user
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Monitor Remote Managed Service Application
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years relevant experience from a similar role
- Strong troubleshooting skills required.
- PC hardware/software experience required
- Excellent customer service & client interfacing skills essential
- Appropriate level of competence in documented technical skills
- Knowledge of Office 365 support
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Applications
- Anti Virus/spyware/malware applications
- Networking – TCP/IP – Switching – Firewalling, etc
- Industry Standard Troubleshooting Procedures
- HP product range
- Industry standard accreditations desired:
- CompTIA Network+ Server+
- MCP - MCP – MCSA or MCSE – CCNA
- Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, HP.
- IT qualifications desirable